Here are the 3 best ways I know to #network on LinkedIn without cold outreach – for free.
Right upfront – I love to plan.
But when I started my business last year I did NOT plan on networking.
I never needed it before.
I freelanced for 13 years while working my corporate jobs, and my side hustle was 100% referral.
But that doesn’t work as a first-time, full-time entrepreneur.
Outreach is imperative, but it can also feel forced, fake and downright terrifying.
::: at least that’s how it felt to me :::
Sales Navigator is a fantastic and powerful resource to network on LinkedIn (and more), but what if $80 per month (ok, $79.99 for the ‘budget’ CORE plan) doesn’t work for you?
How do you find business leaders, potential clients or partners, mentors, collaborators and others important to your network on LinkedIn without spending all of your time or money doing it?
👇These three are what works for me and my business:
𝟭. 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 (𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗼𝘄 *𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗸😉)
• Use the platform search feature and put in terms that are important to you.
• For this exercise, I’ll use ‘how to get a job’
• –>>>> you could use graphic design, pottery, public speaking, how to get a book deal – whatever suits you.
LinkedIn will serve you results that may default to a jobs or posts page but look above the results and you’ll see 10 options:
• At the time I’m writing this – there are 370 results.
• 370 events all about getting a job.
• Those are FREE virtual #events you can attend AND connect with those business leaders, potential clients, mentors, collaborators and others important to your network.
𝟮. 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗦 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦
No one has all day to canvass every nook and cranny of the platform and thank goodness you don’t have to!
Go back to the same search (or a new one, whatever interests you), but this time click the Posts button out of those 10 options we talked about.
• You will see #posts by people talking about the exact thing of interest to you.
• People who can help you, teach you, collaborate with you, hire you – whatever it is that matters to you – this is where you will find people talking about it right now.
• Engage – be part of that conversation.
Again, go back to the same search, but this time click the Companies button out of those 10 options.
You will see companies that match your interest.
You can subfilter this list by
• Company Size
You can follow the company and from the company page, subfilter by
Check out the Posts and People to see if there is conversation being had about the topic of interest to you – and if there is, add to the conversation!
👉I am a career and personal development strategist on a mission to teach you to find what you love without losing yourself in the process.
🎯I create sane strategies that produce serious results.
📰 If you thought this post was interesting, you definitely need to sign up for my newsletter – where I give my subscribers exclusive insights, actionable advice and tips to take advantage of select opportunities.
Here are the ways to work with me at Career Insights:
🔥Sign up for 1:1 Private Career Consulting (6 Week): careercompass.careerinsightsconsulting.com/sixweeks
🔥Check out my Signature IA Coaching Program (12 Week): https://buildthelifeyouwant.careerinsightsconsulting.com/IAP
🔥For Public Speaking, Group Coaching, Team Development and all other queries: https://go.oncehub.com/GretchenSkalka
Connect with me on Social Media: